The Bancroft and Area Studio Tour would like to invite you to apply to be a new participant in the upcoming Studio Tour to be held September 17, 18 and September 24, 25, 2022.
Each “new to the Tour” applicants’ work and studio/gallery is subject to a mandatory jurying process and studio/gallery inspection. The jurying process is based on a number of criteria including the quality of the work, the professionalism of the presentation and studio/gallery space.
Applicants can apply to be a new member at their home studio or to be a guest of a current member of the tour. The tour strives for a balanced representation of media and an optimal number of members. There is no guarantee that all applications will be accepted.
The Bancroft Studio Tour exists to:
1. Promote appreciation of local art.
2. Educate the public as to artistic process, lifestyle and inspiration.
3. Promote sales of our work and profile its availability.
The Application and Jurying Process
Please send in:
- The application form. The DEADLINE is Friday February 11, 2022.
- A copy of Liability Insurance Coverage, minimum $1 to $2 million, (can be a memo from your insurance broker or rider specific to the tour dates) home insurance policy should already have liability coverage.
- Each artist may apply to display up to three mediums for jurying.
- Five recent GOOD PROFESSIONAL QUALITY colour photographs of each medium to be exhibited and one or two photos of your studio (if applying to be a guest, do not send studio photos). Please label each photo with a brief description and include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your photos.
- One to three pieces of your work may be requested for hands-on review, at a later date.
- To register please include a cheque payable to “The Studio Tour” in the amount of $275.00 postdated February 1, 2022. The full fee will be returned if not accepted.
- Applications should be mailed and RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 11.
Send to: Please contact Ketha Newman, 613-334-9686 -or- Karen Istead, 613-332-0504 for a mailing address.