The Bancroft and Area Studio Tour would like to invite you to apply to be a new participant in the upcoming Studio Tour to be held September 21, 22 and September 28, 29, 2024.
Each “new to the Tour” applicants’ work and studio/gallery is subject to a mandatory jurying process and studio/gallery inspection. The jurying process is based on a number of criteria including the quality of the work, the professionalism of the presentation and studio/gallery space.
Applicants can apply to be a new member at their home studio or to be a guest of a current member of the tour. The tour strives for a balanced representation of media and an optimal number of members. There is no guarantee that all applications will be accepted.
The Bancroft Studio Tour exists to:
1. Promote appreciation of local art.
2. Educate the public as to artistic process, lifestyle and inspiration.
3. Promote sales of our work and profile its availability.
The Application and Jurying Process
Please send in:
- BAST Application for 2024 The DEADLINE is Monday February 12, 2024. It can be sent by mail or email.
- A copy of Liability Insurance Coverage, minimum $1 to $2 million, (can be a memo from your insurance broker or rider specific to the tour dates) home insurance policy should already have liability coverage. Guests are responsible for insuring for loss of their own artistic property.
- Each artist may apply to display up to three mediums for jurying.
- Five recent GOOD PROFESSIONAL QUALITY colour photographs of each medium to be exhibited and one or two photos of your studio (if applying to be a guest, do not send studio photos). If you have a website please include a link. If sent by mail, include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of your photos.
- One to three pieces of your work may be requested for hands-on review, at a later date.
- Applications should be mailed or emailed and RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 12.
- Those accepted to the tour will be required to submit payment of $275 within one week of acceptance.
Send to: Please contact Ketha Newman, 613-334-9686 -or- Karen Istead, 613-332-0504 for a mailing address.